Cemetery cell frescoed by Antonio Alberti da Ferrara
A votive chapel commissioned by Bishop Giovanni Seclani in 1437, it is completely frescoed by one of the most famous artists of the period Antonio Alberti from Ferrara. The back wall shows scenes of the Annunciation and the Madonna Enthroned.
On the cross vaults are the four Evangelists and in the corners the Doctors of the Church. In just a few square metres is most of the history of the Church; an extraordinary visual document and a rare and splendid late-Gothic example.