Municipal Theatre Massari
The building, which presumably dates from the 17th century, was originally the Oratory of the Confraternity of the Rosary. It was subsequently rented out to private individuals and used for various purposes, including as a storeroom, a woodshed and even a slaughterhouse for pigs.
In 1821, the last tenant, the lawyer Francesco Brilli, turned it into a theatre and at the same time set up a theatre company of amateur actors. The theatre underwent radical transformation in 1855, based on a design by the architect Giovanni Benedettini, which gave it its current style - U-shaped with two tiers of boxes - typical of Italian theatres.