Historic buildings in the Conca Valley
Montecolombo | Orlandi-Contucci Building
Originally from the 16th century, renovated in the 19th century, it was originally the ancient keep of the Castle, headquarters of the captain of the military garrison and lord of the place. As early as the 18th century it became the property of the Contucci family, originally from Monte Colombo. This family has had no more male heirs since the end of the 19th century, but its name was kept by the successors, starting with the last son-in-law, related to Giacomo Leopardi. It is the largest building in the historic center after the one that houses the Town Hall.
Historic center | palace-of-the-lawyer-monte-colombo
Saludecio | Palazzo Albini
A 16th -century palace with a courtyard surrounded by a portico in Urbino style.
Saludecio | Town Hall Palace
Tthe Town Hall Palace houses several cultural institutes such as the theatre, the library and the permanent exhibition of Giuseppe Garibaldi memorabilia, soon to be the Risorgimento Museum. It was built on the remains of the ancient Malatesta fortress of which traces of the walls are still visible.
San Giovanni in Marignano | Corbucci Palace
The history of this noble building in the old centre accompanies the most important moments of the town’s life. In fact, the families that made it their permanent or temporary residence were the main noble families of the Rimini area.
The building is now known as Palazzo Corbucci in reference to the last family that lived there until the latter years of last century and although it originated from Rimini, thanks to documents relating to the municipal age and evidence provided by local historians, it has been identified as one of the town’s oldest families.
Like the walls, the original structure of the building was built during the Malatesta period by Sigismondo Pandolfo Malaesta, lord of Rimini, between 1438 and 1442, when he intervened on five castles in the Rimini area with the probable consultancy of Brunelleschi. Whilst almost nothing remains of the original furniture and furnishings, the history of Palazzo Corbucci is narrated through its interesting ceilings, frescoed by Antonio Mosconi in the second half of the nineteenth century, which depict floral landscapes, animals and views of San Giovanni in Marignano.
Taken from "Corbucceide. Storia di una famiglia marignanese dal XIII al XX secolo"
(Corbucceide. History of a Marignanese Family from the 13th to the 20th century) by A. Chiaretti and F. Raimondi
Historic buildings in the Marecchia Valley .
Novafeltria | Palace of the Counts Segni
Elegant in its 17th-century forms with portico and three floors, it was the summer residence of the Counts Segni of Bologna,
now home to the Town Hall as well as the Grand'Italia Café, in which Art Nouveau harmony explodes, thanks to the original furnishings.
Vittorio Emanuele Square, 2 | www.comune.novafeltria.rn.it
Talamello | Rusticucci Palace
It is one of the most beautiful residences in the center. Main architectural feature is the presence of battlements. It is called "the castle."
Historic center | www.comune.talamello.rn.it